Ways to Make Your Home Irresistible at an Open House
1. Put fresh flowers in principal rooms for a touch of color.
2. Add a new shower curtain, fresh towels, and new guest soaps to every
3. Set out fresh baked goods or light scented candles for a homey smell.
4. Set the table with pretty dishes and candles.
5. Buy a fresh doormat with a clever saying.
6. Take one or two major pieces of furniture out of every room to create a
sense of spaciousness.
7. Put away kitchen countertop appliances and personal bathroom items to give the
illusion of more counter space.
8. Light a fire in the fireplace or insert a row of candles there if it's
not in use.
9. Depersonalize the rooms by putting away family photos, mementos, and
10. Turn on the sprinklers for 30 minutes to make the lawn sparkle.
Copyright National Association of REALTORS®, Reprinted with permission.