Reasons You Need a Real Estate Agent
1. A real estate transaction is complicated. In most cases, buying or
selling a home requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage
documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page government-mandated
settlement statements. A knowledgeable guide through this complexity can
help you avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Selling or buying a home is time consuming. It may take several weeks
or months to locate the home of your dreams, and it
usually takes another 30 days or so for the transaction to close after an
offer is accepted.
3. Real estate has its own language. If you don't know a CMA from a PUD,
you can understand why it's important to work with someone who speaks that
4. REALTORS® have done it before. Most people buy and sell only a few
homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each
purchase. And even if you've done it before, laws and regulations change.
That's why having an expert on your side is critical.
5. REALTORS® provide objectivity. Since a home often symbolizes family,
rest, and security, not just four walls and roof, home selling or buying
is often a very emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the
biggest purchase they'll every make. Having a concerned, but objective,
third party helps you keep focused on both the business and emotional
issues most important to you.